WA’s most vibrant city rich in history, gypsy culture and soul
The port city of Fremantle lies on a series of limestone hills at the mouth of the Swan River, 25 minutes from Perth. Fremantle is a major port for Western Australia and the entrance point for the many container ships, cruise ships, ferries and leisure craft that berth here. Fishing Boat Harbour, where Charter 1 operates from, remains a true “working harbour” amidst the busy restaurants, visitors and events that also take place today.
The sea, city an soul are the fabric and charms of Fremantle. Good coffee, food, music, soul and a unique gypsy culture. Fremantle is also well known for it’s amazing architecture – a quick stroll is like walking back in time with over 3,000 properties from the colonial era. In fact, Fremantle is recognised as the best preserved example of a 19th century port streetscape in the world!
With its endless line up of music and events going on all over Fremantle at any one time, there’s always so much to see and do in Fremantle!
Experience our 2 Hour Sunset / Twilight Sail – Departing from Cicerello’s Jetty, Fishing Boat Harbour!
Activites in Perth don’t get better than sunset sailing on a world-class luxury catamaran! You and your partner can watch the day turn into night and the stars begin to shine. Enjoy a magnificent WA sunset – the perfect romantic twilight setting for two!
Your sunset cruise adventure will start and finish from the world famous Fremantle Fishing Boat Harbour out the front of Cicerello’s (you’re ticket also entitles you to 10% off Cicerello’s food and drinks!)
Capella is a luxury appointed 12.5m Schionning designed sailing catamaran noted for her stable ride and huge deck space. She’s nearly twice the width of a single hull yacht, meaning plenty of spaces to sit and relax comfortably, inside and out. We also have giant beanbags for you to sit back and relax in on the bow… but get in quick because they’re popular!
Experience our magnificent west coast sunset from the ocean and watch Fremantle, the Port and Harbour come alive with a kaleidoscope of colour as we watch day turn into night. We may even be joined by a pod of dolphins which love to play around the front of the boat as we sail into the sunset.
A glass of sparkling and shared antipasto is on offer during your sunset sailing experience. You are also most welcome to BYO any additional drinks at no extra charge – we just ask that you don’t bring unmixed spirits please (pre mixes are fine). We have a large central fridge box onboard for keeping your drinks cold so you can leave the esky at home.
We look forward to welcoming you aboard Capella and Charter 1. For bookings, search “Tours” or click HERE
- Set sail from Fremantle through the beautiful waters of the Cockburn Sound.
- Keep an eye out for playful dolphins who love to ride the bows.
- Watch the sun set over the Indian Ocean.
- The perfect romantic escape for you and a loved one.
- 10% discount at the famous Cicerello’s Seafood restaurant!
- Delicious shared antipasto platter.
- Soft drinks, chilled water, a glass of complimentary sparkling.
- Guests are welcome to BYO additional drinks at no extra cost.
- Sailing is an adult environment but children are welcome as part of a family group. The minimum age is 12 months. Limited childrens life vests are carried onboard so please contact us prior for all children under 8. Children must wear a life jacket whilst underway. Parents are responsible for supervision at all times.
- You are welcome to take part in the sailing, raising, lowering and trimming of the sails and taking the helm – just tell our friendly crew members when you arrive and they will gladly show you the ropes along the way.
- Sailing in an outdoor experience. It is advisable to bring a windcheater or wind proof jacket to keep the chill at bay on cooler days. Bare feet on deck is preferred otherwise shoes with a good grip and preferably white or light-coloured soles please. No heels on deck.
- There will be other guests on the boat with you. We operate with a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 30 (rarely). If minimum numbers are not reached for the date you have selected, we will contact you to offer an alternative date.
- Exact sailing direction is evaluated nearer the day and remains at the discretion of the skipper. Your safety is our priority. We reserve the right to cancel and reschedule if conditions require it. We will continually monitor wind and weather conditions right up until the departure time.
Saturday and Sunday evenings from October – April, plus Thursday and Friday on demand.
Departure time varies depending on last light (can be as early as 4.15pm or as late as 6.15pm)
Please check times via the online booking system.
IMPORTANT: Please be at the jetty and ready to board 15 minutes prior to the designated start time. We cannot hold up the tour if you are late as it is unfair on the other guests.
Cicerello’s Jetty – Fishing Boat Harbour, Fremantle
We operate from the heart of Fremantle’s Fishing Boat Harbour (Cicerello’s main jetty). There is plenty of car parking available nearby (2 min) and at Sardine Jetty (50m south of Little Creatures Brewery, a 5 min walk). It is a 15 minute walk from the Fremantle Train Station.
Adults $98pp ($196 for two)
Families – please enquire directly