Rottnest Island – Sail out from Fremantle
Secluded Bays and Close Encounters Await!
Experience the best of Rottnest’s underwater playground on this full day eco adventure via a luxury sailing catamaran. Our team of expert and passionate crew live and breathe these waters – there’s nothing we enjoy more than sharing our little slice of paradise with you.
Come with us as we sail across on our luxury catamaran fitted full of quality snorkel gear and all the water toys you need for a magical day out. We’ll take you to places you can’t easily reach from the mainland accessible only by shallow-hulled boats like Capella.
We’ll anchor up in one of the many picturesque bays, away from the bigger crowds. If conditions are right for it, this includes a favorite hangout of the Australian Sea Lions who love getting a visit from Capella! Our crew will guide you to the best snorkel spots before serving up a delicious morning tea. Don’t forget your underwater camera!
Get ready for more adventure as we drop our HUGE cargo net as we reach our next destination for the day. There’s more snorkelling on offer and a delicious buffet style lunch. You get full use of all our water toys (SUP, kayaks etc) for the afternoon. Or simply relax on one of the comfortable trampolines, hammock or on the shaded rear deck for the afternoon.
Capella is the bright yellow catamaran that’s impossible to miss. A luxury appointed 12.5 m Schionning catamaran with 5 cabins, a huge indoor saloon that seats 15, two toilets, four showers, lowerable rear swim platform and front ladder for easy access into the water, kitchen galley, refrigerator and large chiller box in the cockpit deck for your drinks.
Please ensure you have read the “Need to Know” information tab before booking. Please note this is a fully water-based tour departing from and returning to Fremantle. It does not disembark at the island.
We look forward to seeing you onboard! 🙂
DepartureCicerello's Jetty, 44 Mews Rd, Fremantle
ScheduleOperates 2-4 times a month between Nov to April. View the live calendar below for departure dates.
Departure Time8:00 AM
Return TimeApproximately 4:00 PM
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable clothing. No heels please
IncludedCoffee/TeaDrinking WaterHuge cargo net (if conditions allow)Morning TeaQuality snorkel gear (masks/fins)RIA Admission FeesStand Up Paddle BoardSun LotionUse of 2 KayaksYummy Buffet Lunch
Not IncludedAfternoon TeaBooking & Card FeesBoom NetBYO permittedCicerello's 10% DiscountDrinking water onboardGlass of sparkling on arrivalPrescription Masks Available (Optional Extra)Refreshments available for purchaseShared antipastoShared Fruit PlatterShared seasonal fruit platterUse of Kayaks/SUPs
History Of RottnestThe island with a thousand stories...The geographical history of Rottnest Island has been dominated by changes in sea level. These changes occurred either as sea water became trapped and released when ice sheets advanced and retreated, or as the land slowly rose and fell in response to changing stresses in the earth's crust.It is believed that Rottnest Island was separated from the mainland 7,000 years ago. The sea level rose, cutting the Island off from the land mass, and it is now the largest in a chain of islands (which includes Garden and Carnac Islands) on the continental shelf opposite Perth. These islands all are formed of limestone rocks with a thin covering of sand. The limestone base of Rottnest Island has an effect on all life on the Island, including the types of plants which can grow on it, the species of animals which can feed upon the plants, and the extent to which humans can make use of the Island.
- All inclusive price includes meals**, equipment use, Marine Park entry fees, card and booking fees
- Quality snorkel equipment (snorkel sets, fins)
- Use of 2 kayaks & stand up paddle board, cargo net (weather permitting)
- Tap water, sun lotion
- BYO welcome (*no spirits)
Important InformationGeneral T&C's and our cancellations policy can be found at the bottom of our website. Additional tour-specific requirements are detailed below. Our COVID-19 notice can be found HERE
- There will be other guests on the boat with you: a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 24.
- If minimum numbers are not reached we will reschedule you to another date, or provide you with a full refund.
Passenger Conduct, Fitness & Safety
- There will be other guests on the boat with you. We generally operate with a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 24.
- BYO is permitted providing it is consumed in moderation. Spirits are not to be brought onboard. We also ask that all guests refrain from drinking until after water based activities (e.g. snorkeling).
- Tour travels across open water. It requires a moderate degree of mobility for safe boarding and moving around the vessel whilst underway. It also requires the use of stairs. If you have any health concerns please contact us prior to booking.
- Pregnant guests in their third trimester should contact us prior to booking.
- If you are prone to seasickness, please consider if this tour is right for you. Catamarans are generally very stable however this is an ocean-going experience. We advise you to consult a pharmacist if you have any concerns.
- Intoxicated guests will not be allowed to board and no refunds will be given.
- This is a non smoking tour.
Children On Board:
- Although we do aim to be as inclusive at possible for all ages, this tour is recommended for ages 5 and up, due to the distance required to travel through open water. The journey can be quite unpleasant for small children and may in some conditions pose a safety risk. For children under 5 we recommend our Snorkel & Sail tour as it departs from Rottnest Island directly, requiring no open water crossings.
- Children aged under 10 may be asked to wear a life jacket at all times.
- Guests aged 15-18 without a parent will require written permission from Charter 1 in advance.
- If you are booking a child ticket, please advise the ages of your children so that adequate life jacket provisions can be made in advance.
Dietary Requirements & Allergies
- We offer a range of food options that caters to most tastes (variety of meats, salads, cheese, breads, fruit, cakes and coffee/teas), however if you have specific food preferences you are welcome to bring your own.
- Whilst we try to be as broad as possible, however we are unable to cater to individual needs.
- Our menu is mostly allergy-friendly, however please advise us in advance of any serious allergies (i.e. anaphylaxis) that we should be aware of so that we can prepare food with this in mind.
- Remember, sailing is an outdoor activity and can at times get a little wet and windy. Perfect conditions are not guaranteed.
- We reserve the right to cancel right up until the departure time if conditions are deemed unsafe.
- The final decision is at the discretion of the skipper who takes all conditions into account on the day (wind speed, swell etc).
- We take no responsibility for late cancellations impacting any other plans you make (e.g. hotel bookings). These are booked at your own risk. We always try to give you as much notice as (reliable) forecasts will allow us.
Reschedules / Refunds
- Tour cancellation / reschedule terms for direct bookings can be found here: https://www.charter1.com.au/cancellation-policy/