Rottnest Island – Sail out from Fremantle
Secluded Bays and Close Encounters Await!
Don’t just catch the Ferry. Experience there best of Rottnest on this full day eco sailing adventure via a luxury sailing catamaran. Our team of expert and passionate crew live and breathe these waters – there’s nothing we enjoy more than sharing our little slice of paradise with you.
Come with us as we sail across on our luxury catamaran fitted full of full snorkel gear and a bunch of toys to play around in. We’ll take you to places you can’t easily reach from the mainland, only accessible by shallow-hulled boats like Capella. Then we’ll anchor up in one of the picturesque bays away from the bigger crowds where our crew will happily guide you to the best snorkel spots – don’t forget your underwater camera! You get full use of all of the water toys: SUP, kayaks, hammock, large floating bean bags, cargo net and more.
Capella is the Yellow Cat that’s impossible to miss. A luxury appointed 12.5 m Schionning designed catamaran with 5 cabins, a huge indoor saloon that seats 15, two toilets, four showers, a lower-able swim platform, lower-able front ladder for easy access into the water, fully equipped galley, refrigerator and deep freeze with a chiller box in the cockpit deck for drinks.
Swim, kayak, SUP, recline in the hammock or head for the reefs for a snorkel. Build sandcastles on the white sand beaches or have a game of beach cricket. Or maybe you’d prefer to just snooze and relax onboard on one of the comfortable trampolines or on the lounged shaded rear deck. You are welcome to take part in the sailing, raising, lowering and trimming sails or taking the helm – just ask our friendly crew!
DepartureSardine Jetty, 1 Mews Rd, Fremantle (Fishing Boat Harbour)
Departure TimePlease arrive by 7:45 AM for a departure at 8:00 AM.
Return TimeApproximately 4:00 PM.
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable clothing No heels on deck
IncludedBoom NetDrinking WaterMorning TeaQuality snorkel gear (masks/fins)Sun LotionYummy Ploughman’s Lunch
Not IncludedAfternoon TeaBYO additional drinksCicerello's 10% DiscountCoffee/TeaDrinking water onboardGlass of sparklingRefreshments available for purchaseShared antipastoShared Fruit PlatterUse of Kayaks/SUPs
History Of RottnestThe island with a thousand stories... The geographical history of Rottnest Island has been dominated by changes in sea level. These changes occurred either as sea water became trapped and released when ice sheets advanced and retreated, or as the land slowly rose and fell in response to changing stresses in the earth's crust. It is believed that Rottnest Island was separated from the mainland 7,000 years ago. The sea level rose, cutting the Island off from the land mass, and it is now the largest in a chain of islands (which includes Garden and Carnac Islands) on the continental shelf opposite Perth. These islands all are formed of limestone rocks with a thin covering of sand. The limestone base of Rottnest Island has an effect on all life on the Island, including the types of plants which can grow on it, the species of animals which can feed upon the plants, and the extent to which humans can make use of the Island.
- Delicious morning tea
- Healthy, yummy lunch
- Tea/Coffee, Water
- Quality snorkel equipment (snorkel sets, fins)
- Use of 2 kayaks
- Use of Stand up paddle board
- Cargo net (if conditions are right for it)
- Sun lotion
- Crockery, glasses etc
- BYO* welcome (*no spirits)
A great way to visit Rotto My family of 4 (two young girls 6 and 4) have just had the most amazing time aboard Capella with Charter1. Nothing was too much trouble for the crew, even taking my girls snorkeling for the first time! They were scared at first but soon were begging to get back in the water. The guys knew the best places to visit on Rottnest island based on the weather - we even had a private beach all to ourselves, and used their SUPs on a secret surf break only accessible by boat. What a slice of paradise, and an unforgettable trip. Thanks Jules and Erin for making our time on board so memorable. You catered for our fussy eaters perfectly. We are doing a big trip around Australia, but this last few days has been the highlight by far. We can’t wait to come back!4/20/2018
The best Charter Perth has to offer! We booked the Capella for a private 8 hour trip from Fremantle to Rottnest for our work Christmas party and just.. wow! It was a fantastic day that every single person enjoyed and we couldn’t ask for anything better! Ronni and Bec were so professional, friendly and helpful, and even endured all the terrible jokes, and awful singing. The boat itself was perfect, there is plenty of space and it’s extremely comfortable. They have a paddle board; kayak and snorkelling gear on board so there is something for everyone to do.We highly recommend Charter 1 – They go the extra mile to ensure that you have an amazing day!12/18/2017
GREAT DAY! We had THE BEST time on this boat on an afternoon sail between Fremantle and Rottnest. The captain and crew were amazing! There was plenty of room, the boat and bathrooms were all in good shape. We paddle boarded at Rottnest and they had plenty of snorkeling gear on deck. Luck swam my camera to me while on the island and found quokka for us to take pictures with! This was a highlight of the trip for us!3/02/2018
Tour Terms and ConditionsBy booking this experience you agree to the following terms and conditions for this particular tour:
- There will be other guests on the boat with you: a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 24.
- If minimum numbers are not reached we will contact you 3-5 days out to arrange an alternative date that suits you.
Fair Weather Policy
- Remember, sailing is an outdoor activity and can at times get a little wet and windy.
- We reserve the right to cancel right up until the departure time if conditions are deemed unsafe.
- Direction is of the skipper who will take all conditions into account on the day (speed, direction etc).
Children On Board
- Children are welcome as part of a family group but must be supervised at all times.
- Contact us prior to booking as we carry only a small number of children’s life vests onboard.
Reschedules / Refund Policy
- A lot of planning goes in behind the scenes to ensuring minimum numbers are met and that guests get to experience this tour on their chosen date.
- One reschedule is allowed but must be made at least 72 hours (3 days) prior to departure. Subsequent reschedules are not permitted.
- 24-72 hours prior to departure - reschedules will incur a $25 per person late change fee. Subsequent reschedules are not permitted.
- 0-24 hours prior to departure - changes are not permitted.
- If you are unable to use your ticket and would like to transfer it to a friend, please contact us at least 24 hours out so that we have the correct persons phone number, in the event we need to contact them on the day.