Rottnest Island – Sail out from Fremantle
Secluded Bays and Close Encounters Await!
Experience the best of Rottnest’s underwater playground on this full day eco adventure via a luxury sailing catamaran. Our team of expert and passionate crew live and breathe these waters – there’s nothing we enjoy more than sharing our little slice of paradise with you.
Come with us as we sail across on our luxury catamaran fitted full of quality snorkel gear and all the water toys you need for a magical day out. We’ll take you to places you can’t easily reach from the mainland accessible only by shallow-hulled boats like Capella.
We’ll anchor up in one of the many picturesque bays, away from the bigger crowds. If conditions are right for it, this includes a favorite hangout of the Australian Sea Lions who love getting a visit from Capella! Our crew will guide you to the best snorkel spots before serving up a delicious morning tea. Don’t forget your underwater camera!
Get ready for more adventure as we drop our HUGE cargo net as we reach our next destination for the day. There’s more snorkelling on offer and a delicious buffet style lunch. You get full use of all our water toys (SUP, kayaks etc) for the afternoon. Or simply relax on one of the comfortable trampolines, hammock or on the shaded rear deck for the afternoon.
Capella is the bright yellow catamaran that’s impossible to miss. A luxury appointed 12.5 m Schionning catamaran with 5 cabins, a huge indoor saloon that seats 15, two toilets, four showers, lowerable rear swim platform and front ladder for easy access into the water, kitchen galley, refrigerator and large chiller box in the cockpit deck for your drinks.
Please ensure you have read the “Need to Know” information tab before booking. Please note this is a fully water-based tour departing from and returning to Fremantle. It does not disembark at the island.
We look forward to seeing you onboard! 🙂
DepartureSardine Jetty, 1 Mews Rd, Fremantle (Fishing Boat Harbour)
Departure TimePlease arrive by 7:45 AM for a departure at 8:00 AM.
Return TimeApproximately 4:00 PM.
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable clothing. No heels please
IncludedCoffee/TeaDrinking WaterHuge cargo net (if conditions allow)Morning TeaQuality snorkel gear (masks/fins)RIA Admission FeesStand Up Paddle BoardSun LotionUse of 2 KayaksYummy Buffet Lunch
Not IncludedAfternoon TeaBoom NetBYO additional drinksCicerello's 10% DiscountDrinking water onboardGlass of sparklingNo Booking FeesRefreshments available for purchaseShared antipastoShared Fruit PlatterShared seasonal fruit platterUse of Kayaks/SUPs
History Of RottnestThe island with a thousand stories...The geographical history of Rottnest Island has been dominated by changes in sea level. These changes occurred either as sea water became trapped and released when ice sheets advanced and retreated, or as the land slowly rose and fell in response to changing stresses in the earth's crust.It is believed that Rottnest Island was separated from the mainland 7,000 years ago. The sea level rose, cutting the Island off from the land mass, and it is now the largest in a chain of islands (which includes Garden and Carnac Islands) on the continental shelf opposite Perth. These islands all are formed of limestone rocks with a thin covering of sand. The limestone base of Rottnest Island has an effect on all life on the Island, including the types of plants which can grow on it, the species of animals which can feed upon the plants, and the extent to which humans can make use of the Island.
- Delicious morning tea
- Healthy, yummy buffet style lunch**
- Tea/Coffee, Water
- Quality snorkel equipment (snorkel sets, fins)
- Use of 2 kayaks
- Use of Stand up paddle board
- Cargo net (if conditions are right for it)
- Sun lotion
- Crockery, glasses etc
- BYO* welcome (*no spirits)
GREAT DAY! We had THE BEST time on this boat on an afternoon sail between Fremantle and Rottnest. The captain and crew were amazing! There was plenty of room, the boat and bathrooms were all in good shape. We paddle boarded at Rottnest and they had plenty of snorkeling gear on deck. Luck swam my camera to me while on the island and found quokka for us to take pictures with! This was a highlight of the trip for us!Claire B3/02/2018
A great way to visit Rotto My family of 4 (two young girls 6 and 4) have just had the most amazing time aboard Capella with Charter1. Nothing was too much trouble for the crew, even taking my girls snorkeling for the first time! They were scared at first but soon were begging to get back in the water. The guys knew the best places to visit on Rottnest island based on the weather - we even had a private beach all to ourselves, and used their SUPs on a secret surf break only accessible by boat. What a slice of paradise, and an unforgettable trip. Thanks Jules and Erin for making our time on board so memorable. You catered for our fussy eaters perfectly. We are doing a big trip around Australia, but this last few days has been the highlight by far. We can’t wait to come back!Brett M4/20/2018
The best Charter Perth has to offer! We booked the Capella for a private 8 hour trip from Fremantle to Rottnest for our work Christmas party and just.. wow! It was a fantastic day that every single person enjoyed and we couldn’t ask for anything better! Ronni and Bec were so professional, friendly and helpful, and even endured all the terrible jokes, and awful singing. The boat itself was perfect, there is plenty of space and it’s extremely comfortable. They have a paddle board; kayak and snorkelling gear on board so there is something for everyone to do.
We highly recommend Charter 1 – They go the extra mile to ensure that you have an amazing day!swild201712/18/2017
Important InformationOur general T&C's and cancellations policy is found at the bottom of our website. Tour-specific terms and conditions are listed below.
- There will be other guests on the boat with you: a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 24.
- If minimum numbers are not reached we will contact you at least 72 hours out to arrange an alternative date that suits you.
Passenger Conduct, Fitness & Safety
- There will be other guests on the boat with you. We generally operate with a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 24.
- BYO is permitted providing it is consumed in moderation. Spirits are not to be brought onboard. We also ask that all guests refrain from drinking until after water based activities (e.g. snorkeling).
- Tour travels across open water. It requires a moderate degree of mobility for safe boarding and moving around the vessel whilst underway. It also requires the use of stairs. If you have any health concerns please contact us prior to booking.
- Pregnant guests in their third trimester should contact us prior to booking.
- If you are prone to seasickness, please consider if this tour is right for you. Catamarans are generally very stable however this is an ocean-going experience. We advise you to consult a pharmacist if you have any concerns.
- Intoxicated guests will not be allowed to board and no refunds will be given.
- This is a non smoking tour.
Children On Board:
- Unfortunately we cannot accommodate infants under 12 months on this tour.
- Guests aged 15-18 will not be allowed to board without an adult present or written permission by Charter 1 management in advance.
- If you are booking a child ticket, please advise the ages of your children so that adequate life jacket provisions can be made in advance.
- Children age 1-3 are free of charge but subject to space availability onboard, as they still take up the space of a paying passenger in the tour occupancy capacity (which is capped in number).
- Children aged under 10 may be asked to wear a life jacket at all times depending on conditions.
Dietary Requirements & Allergies
- We offer a range of food options that caters to most tastes (variety of meats, salads, cheese, breads, fruit, cakes and coffee/teas), however if you have specific food preferences you are welcome to bring your own.
- Whilst we try to be as broad as possible, however we are unable to cater to individual needs.
- Our menu is mostly allergy-friendly, however please advise us in advance of any serious allergies (i.e. anaphylaxis) that we should be aware of so that we can prepare food with this in mind.
- Remember, sailing is an outdoor activity and can at times get a little wet and windy. Perfect conditions are not guaranteed.
- We reserve the right to cancel right up until the departure time if conditions are deemed unsafe.
- The final decision is at the discretion of the skipper who takes all conditions into account on the day (wind speed, swell etc).
Reschedules / Refunds
- Our cancellations policy can be found at the bottom of our website and has been update to account for COVID-19.
- Ticket purchases are final and non refundable. Transfers are permitted provided a request is made in writing at least 24 hours in advance.
- A lot of planning goes in behind the scenes to ensuring minimum numbers are met and that guests get to experience this tour on their chosen date.
- One reschedule is allowed but must be made at least 72 hours prior to departure. Subsequent reschedules are not permitted.
- 24-72 hours prior to departure - will incur a $25 per person late change fee. Subsequent reschedules are not permitted.
- 0-24 hours prior to departure - no changes allowed for any reason.