Carnac Island Eco-Tour
Interact with Friendly Sea Lions on our amazing Carnac Island Half Day Sail
Lying between Rottnest and Garden Islands, Carnac Island is an A-class Nature Reserve, teeming with wildlife (David Attenborough has even done a documentary on the wildlife here!).
Carnac Island is a leisurely 45 minute sail from Fremantle Boat Harbour through the gentle waters of Cockburn Sound. It is an important haul out location for Australian Sea Lions and a myriad of sea birds as well as boasting spectacular diving, snorkelling and fishing.
A large sheltered bay on the eastern side of Carnac provides a safe haven from the southwest wind and swell – you just might have to share the beach with some playful juvenile Sea Lions!
Bottlenose Dolphins are also very common in the area and Capella is able to get closer than other boats without noisy motors scaring them off.
The clear, calm, shallow waters of Carnac island allow you to venture almost right up to the shore where you can step off into waist deep water to head off for a snorkel.
If the easterly is up, no worries! The western side of Carnac is an absolute delight with high limestone cliffs plunging into the water and a truly spectacular anchorage perfect for paddling the kayaks around.
DepartureSardine Jetty, 1 Mews Rd, Fremantle (Fishing Boat Harbour)
Departure Time8am or 12pm (returns 4 hours later)
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable clothing. No heels on deck
IncludedCargo Net etc.Drinking WaterMorning TeaQuality snorkel gear (masks/fins)Sun Lotion
Not IncludedBYO additional drinksCoffee/TeaDrinking water onboardGlass of sparklingShared antipastoUse of Kayaks/SUPsYummy Ploughman’s Lunch
About CarnacCarnac Island. Carnac Island is a picturesque island situated off the coast of Perth between the larger Rottnest and Garden Islands. It is visited by Australian sea-lions and flocks of various sea birds but is also inhabited by a population of deadly tiger snakes.
- There will be other guests on the boat with you. We operate with a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 30 (very rarely). If minimum numbers are not reached we will contact you 3-5 days in advance to arrange an alternative date with you.
- If we are unable to accommodate you on another date we will provide you with a refund.
- Remember, sailing is an outdoor activity and can at times get a little wet and windy.
- We reserve the right to cancel and reschedule if conditions require it.
- Your safety is our priority. We will continually monitor wind and weather conditions right up until the departure time.
- We typically sail under a maximum of 25 knots however this will be at the discretion of the skipper who will take all conditions into account on the day (speed, direction etc). We want you to enjoy this experience!
- The choice of direction and destinations are evaluated on the day and remain at the discretion of the skipper.
- Children are welcome as part of a family group however must be supervised by an accompanying adult at all times.
- The minimum age is 2 years.
- Contact us prior to booking as we carry only a small number of children’s life vests onboard.
- Children up to age 10 must wear a life jacket at all times whilst underway. Parents are responsible for supervision at all times.
- Sailing can be a windy and wet experience. It is advisable to bring a windcheater or wind proof jacket to keep the chill at bay on cooler days. Bare feet on deck is preferred otherwise shoes with a good grip and preferably white or light-coloured soles please. No heels on deck.
- A lot of planning goes in behind the scenes to ensuring minimum numbers are met and that all guests get to experience each tour on their chosen date.
- One reschedule is allowed up to 72 hours prior to departure. Further changes (not caused by us) are not permitted, however transfers are permitted if notice is given up to 24 hours before your scheduled departure.
- Refunds are given at the discretion of management and will not be issued due to a change of mind.
Corporate Christmas Cruise The Charter one team really have the whole deal down pact. The team went above and beyond to look after us on our 4 hour afternoon cruise to Carnac island. The local knowledge of the team really shines through, we were accommodated like family on board. The endless activities provided, food service and also having a local tell us about the nature around the area made for a perfect office escape! Charter 1 worked around us to ensure we had a successful Christmas party. I'd recommend hopping aboard - for whatever occasion with this awesome team - you will not be disappointed!ptrythall 12/21/2017
We have had two cruises on Capella and we loved them. The Yellow Cat is awesome! Lots of room and lots of things to do! Watching dolphins or sea lions, snorkelling, swimming and diving, or just relaxing on board with a cold drink or two! Have had a day cruise to Carnac island and a twilight cruise! Loved watching the sun go down with nothing between us and the sun! Beautiful! Thanks Charter 1.Patricia Richards 5/29/2018
Brilliant Day on Board the Capella! My group of friends and I booked the Capella for a day to Carnac Island. So easy to book and organise with Charter 1. They were so helpful on the day - just took along our food and drink and everything was done for us after that! I didn’t have to worry about cooking the BBQ etc! Ronni and the crew were brilliant at helping people get set up with the kayaks, snorkelling, SUP - so much to do! The day just wasn’t long enough! Special mention to Ronni for saving some sunnies from a life at the bottom of the sea! Thanks Charter 1! You will definitely see us again soon!Claire B 1/25/2018