Carnac Island Eco-Tour
Interact with Friendly Sea Lions on our amazing Carnac Island Half Day Sail
Lying between Rottnest and Garden Islands, Carnac Island is an A-class Nature Reserve, teeming with wildlife (David Attenborough has even done a documentary on the wildlife here!).
Carnac Island is a leisurely 45 minute sail from Fremantle Boat Harbour through the sheltered waters of Cockburn Sound. It is an important haul out location for Australian Sea Lions and a myriad of sea birds as well as boasting spectacular diving, snorkelling and fishing.
A large sheltered bay on the eastern side of Carnac provides a safe haven from the southwest wind and swell – you just might have to share the beach with some playful juvenile Sea Lions!
Bottlenose Dolphins are also very common in the area and Capella is able to get closer than other boats without noisy motors scaring them off.
The clear, calm, shallow waters of Carnac island allow you to venture almost right up to the shore where you can step off into waist deep water to head off for a snorkel.
If the easterly is up, no worries! The western side of Carnac is an absolute delight with high limestone cliffs plunging into the water and a truly spectacular anchorage perfect for paddling the kayaks around.
Please click on the Term & Conditions tab above for tour specific T&C’s. We look forward to welcoming you aboard soon! 🙂
DepartureCicerello's Jetty, 44 Mews Rd, Fremantle
ScheduleOperates on select dates between Nov and April. View the live bookings calendar below.
Departure Time8am or 1pm (depending on schedule)
Return TimeReturns approx. 4 hours later
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable clothing. No heels on deck
IncludedBYO permittedCicerello's 10% DiscountCoffee/TeaDrinking WaterHuge cargo net (if conditions allow)Morning TeaQuality snorkel gear (masks/fins)Stand Up Paddle BoardSun LotionUse of 2 Kayaks
Not IncludedAfternoon TeaBooking & Card FeesBoom NetDrinking water onboardGlass of sparkling on arrivalPrescription Masks Available (Optional Extra)Refreshments available for purchaseRIA Admission FeesShared antipastoShared Fruit PlatterShared seasonal fruit platterUse of Kayaks/SUPsYummy Buffet Lunch
About Carnac IslandLying between Rottnest and Garden Islands, Carnac Island is an A class nature reserve, teeming with wildlife (David Attenborough has even done a documentary on the wildlife here).Carnac Island is a 45 minute sail from Fremantle Boat Harbour through the gentle waters of Cockburn Sound. It is an important haul out location for Australian Sea Lions and a myriad of sea birds, as well as boasting spectacular diving, snorkelling and fishing. A large sheltered bay on the eastern side of Carnac provides a safe haven from the southwest wind and swell – you just might have to share the beach with some playful juvenile Sea Lions! Our highly qualified crew are passionate about the preservation of Carnac Island and it's local inhabitants. Learn about the migratory patterns of Australian Sea Lions and why Carnac Island is such an important location for them. Bottlenose Dolphins are also very common in the area.The clear, calm, shallow waters of Carnac island allow you to venture close to shore where you can literally step off into waist deep water to head off for a snorkel. If the easterly is up, no worries!… The western side of Carnac is an absolute delight with high limestone cliffs plunging into the water and a truly spectacular anchorage perfect for paddling the kayaks around.Please ensure you read tour "Terms & Conditions" before booking. We look forward to welcoming you onboard! :)
Important InformationGeneral T&C's and our cancellations policy can be found at the bottom of our website. Tour-specific requirements are also given below. Current passenger requirements with regard to COVID-19 can be found HERE
- We generally operate with a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 24. If minimum numbers are not reached we will contact you to discuss rescheduling to another date that suits.
Allergy / Dietary Needs
- Morning tea is provided complimentary as part of this experience. We offer a range of sweet and savoury options that caters to most tastes (e.g. fruit, cakes, pastries, juice, coffee/teas), however if you have strict dietary needs you are most welcome to bring your own. We try to be as broad as possible but unfortunately are unable to cater to individual needs.
- Please advise us in advance of any serious allergies (i.e. anaphylaxis) that we should be aware of.
- Remember, sailing is an outdoor activity and can at times get a little wet and windy.
- We reserve the right to cancel right up until the departure time if conditions are deemed unsafe. We take no responsibility for impacts to other bookings you have made (e.g. hotel) as a result of a decision to cancel.
- Direction is of the skipper who will take all conditions into account on the day (speed, direction etc).
Passenger Conduct, Fitness & Safety
- Please advise the crew upon boarding or before entering the water if you are not a strong swimmer, or have any concerns about in-water activities.
- Tour travels into open waters and requires at least a moderate degree of mobility for boarding and moving around the vessel safely whilst underway. It also requires the use of stairs. If you have any health concerns please contact us prior to booking.
- If you are prone to seasickness, please consider if this tour is right for you. Catamarans are generally very stable however this is an ocean-going experience. We advise you to consult a pharmacist if you have any concerns.
- BYO is permitted providing it is consumed in moderation. We ask guests to refrain from drinking until after water based activities (e.g. snorkeling). Spirits are not to be brought onboard.
- Pregnant guests who will be in their third trimester please contact us prior to making a booking.
- If you turn up intoxicated or heavily affected by any substance you will not be allowed to board. No refunds will be given.
- This is a non smoking tour.
Children On Board
- Children aged 4 to 14 require a child ticket and must be supervised at all times. Please advise their ages in the "age of children" booking field to life jacket provisions can be made in advance.
- Although we do not charge for children aged 1-3 it is subject to availability on the day, which can only be confirmed 24-48 hours before the tour. Please leave prams at home.
- Persons aged 15 to 18 must be accompanied by an adult unless permission has been obtained from management in writing prior.
- Children under 10 may be asked to wear a life jacket whilst underway and at the destination, depending on conditions.
Cancellation & Reschedule Policy
- Tour cancellation / reschedule terms for direct bookings can be found here: https://www.charter1.com.au/cancellation-policy/