Sunset Sailing at Rottnest Island
Watch the sky come alive as the day turns into night, with Vlaming Lighthouse and the magnificent Indian Ocean as stunning backdrops. A stunning perspective you find find elsewhere or from sitting at the beach!
Enjoy a complimentary glass of bubbles and shared antipasto as we hoist the sails – stopping for a refreshing dip for those that want a quick cool down on balmy nights. Our cargo net is awaiting for any takers. Imagine your very own salt water waterfall as we sail along into the sunset with only the sounds of the breeze in the sails. Ahhhh… Bliss!
Keep an eye out for friendly dolphins who love to ride Capella’s bows. You are also welcome to BYO any additional drinks*.
Your vessel is a 12.5m luxury Schionning Cosmos sailing catamaran, purpose built for chartering. Designed with the comfort and safety of guests in mind, Capella boasts a comfortable indoor lounge as well as outdoor seating for up to 24 on this tour. Capella is the much loved vessel that’s been operating across WA for over 15 years, with hundreds of happy and repeat customers coming back each year.
If you haven’t jumped on board with Charter 1 before – put us on your to-do list this summer!
*Important* If you are travelling for the day only, please book your ferry ticket before booking this experience. The last ferry departure may be before this experience ends.
Departure TimeVaries depending on last light (approx. 60 mins before sunset).
Return Time90 minutes later. Please note the last ferry departure may be before the end time of this experience.
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable clothing. A warm jacket is recommended in cooler months. No heels on deck.
IncludedBYO additional drinksGlass of sparklingShared antipasto
Not IncludedAfternoon TeaBoom NetCicerello's 10% DiscountCoffee/TeaDrinking WaterDrinking water onboardMorning TeaQuality snorkel gear (masks/fins)Refreshments available for purchaseShared Fruit PlatterSun LotionUse of Kayaks/SUPsYummy Ploughman’s Lunch
History Of RottnestThe island with a thousand stories... The geographical history of Rottnest Island has been dominated by changes in sea level. These changes occurred either as sea water became trapped and released when ice sheets advanced and retreated, or as the land slowly rose and fell in response to changing stresses in the earth's crust. It is believed that Rottnest Island was separated from the mainland 7,000 years ago. The sea level rose, cutting the Island off from the land mass, and it is now the largest in a chain of islands (which includes Garden and Carnac Islands) on the continental shelf opposite Perth. These islands all are formed of limestone rocks with a thin covering of sand. The limestone base of Rottnest Island has an effect on all life on the Island, including the types of plants which can grow on it, the species of animals which can feed upon the plants, and the extent to which humans can make use of the Island.
- Glass of sparkling on arrival
- Shared antipasto
- Additional BYO welcome (no spirits)
- Awesome tunes as we sail off into the sunset!
- PLEASE CHECK FERRY TIMES BEFORE BOOKING.
- Please ensure you have allowed sufficient time to disembark from this experience to arrive at and board your ferry. Charter 1 takes no responsibility for if you miss the last ferry. We do not return to the mainland.
- There will be other guests on the boat with you.
- We operate with a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 24.
- If minimum numbers are not reached we may contact you up to 2 hours prior to arrange an alternative date with you. If we are unable to accommodate you on another date we will either credit you a voucher for our Fremantle Twilight Sail (2hrs) to be used within 14 days or we can provide you with a refund.
- Remember, sailing is an outdoor activity - please dress warm in cooler months. It it often a few degrees cooler on the water.
- We reserve the right to cancel and reschedule if conditions require it. Your safety is our priority.
- Children are welcome as part of a family group but must be under direct adult supervision at all times.
- Kids aged 1-3 may travel free at a rate of 1 per 1 accompanying adult, however you must contact us prior to confirm spaces as we carry a limited number of toddler PFD life jackets (note: Wahu vests are not sufficient).
- A lot of planning goes in to ensuring that guests get to experience their preferred tour and date.
- One reschedule is allowed up to 72 hours prior to departure. Further changes (not caused by us) are not permitted.
- Guest transfers are permitted if notice is given up to 24 hours before departure.
- Refunds will not be issued due to a change of mind.
- For our full T&C's and cancellations policy please visit our website for further information: https://www.charter1.com.au/terms-and-conditions/