Sunset Sailing at Rottnest Island
Watch the sky come alive as the day turns into night, with Bathurst Lighthouse and the magnificent Indian Ocean as stunning backdrops. A stunning perspective you won’t find elsewhere or from sitting at the beach!
Enjoy a complimentary glass of bubbles and shared antipasto as we hoist the sails – stopping for a refreshing dip for those that want a quick cool down on balmy nights. Our cargo net is awaiting for any takers. Imagine your very own salt water waterfall as we sail along into the sunset with only the sounds of the breeze in the sails. Ahhhh… Bliss!
Keep an eye out for friendly dolphins who love to ride Capella’s bows. You are also welcome to BYO any additional drinks*.
Your vessel is a 12.5m luxury Schionning Cosmos sailing catamaran, purpose built for chartering. Designed with the comfort and safety of guests in mind, Capella boasts a comfortable indoor lounge as well as outdoor seating for up to 24 on this tour. Capella is the much loved vessel that’s been operating across WA for over 15 years, with hundreds of happy and repeat customers coming back each year.
If you haven’t jumped on board with Charter 1 before – put us on your to-do list this summer!
*Important* If you are travelling for the day only, please book your ferry ticket before booking this experience. The last ferry departure may be before this experience ends.
DepartureThomson's Bay Fuel Jetty, Rottnest Island
Departure TimeVaries depending on last light (approx. 60 mins before sunset).
Return Time90 minutes later. Please note the last ferry departure may be before the end time of this experience.
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable clothing. A warm jacket is recommended in cooler months. No heels on deck.
IncludedBYO additional drinksDrinking water onboardGlass of sparklingNo Booking FeesShared antipasto
Not IncludedAfternoon TeaBoom NetCicerello's 10% DiscountCoffee/TeaDrinking WaterHuge cargo net (if conditions allow)Morning TeaQuality snorkel gear (masks/fins)Refreshments available for purchaseRIA Admission FeesShared Fruit PlatterShared seasonal fruit platterStand Up Paddle BoardSun LotionUse of 2 KayaksUse of Kayaks/SUPsYummy Buffet Lunch
History Of RottnestThe island with a thousand stories...The geographical history of Rottnest Island has been dominated by changes in sea level. These changes occurred either as sea water became trapped and released when ice sheets advanced and retreated, or as the land slowly rose and fell in response to changing stresses in the earth's crust.It is believed that Rottnest Island was separated from the mainland 7,000 years ago. The sea level rose, cutting the Island off from the land mass, and it is now the largest in a chain of islands (which includes Garden and Carnac Islands) on the continental shelf opposite Perth. These islands all are formed of limestone rocks with a thin covering of sand. The limestone base of Rottnest Island has an effect on all life on the Island, including the types of plants which can grow on it, the species of animals which can feed upon the plants, and the extent to which humans can make use of the Island.
- Glass of sparkling on arrival
- Shared antipasto
- Additional BYO welcome (no spirits)
- Awesome tunes as we sail off into the sunset!
Important InformationOur general T&C's and cancellations policy is found at the bottom of our website. Any tour-specific terms and conditions are listed below.PLEASE CHECK FERRY TIMES BEFORE BOOKING. This cruise returns after the last ferry departure. Charter 1 takes no responsibility for if you miss the last ferry. We do not return to the mainland.
Passenger Fitness & Onboard Conduct
- There will be other guests on the boat with you.
- This is a non smoking tour.
- BYO is permitted providing it is consumed in moderation.
- Tour requires a moderate degree of mobility for safe boarding and moving around the vessel whilst underway. It also requires the use of stairs. If you have any health concerns please contact us prior to booking.
- If you are prone to seasickness, please consider if this tour is right for you. Catamarans are generally very stable however this is an ocean-going experience. We advise you to consult a pharmacist if you have any concerns.
- Casual, comfortable attire is recommended. A light jacket is recommended for after-dark.
- Pregnant guests in their third trimester should contact us prior to booking.
- Guests who present heavily intoxicated will not be allowed to board and there will be no refunds given. This is at the sole discretion of the crew.
- Sailing is an outdoor activity - exposure to the elements should be expected and perfect conditions are never guaranteed.
- We reserve the right to cancel right up until the departure time if conditions become unsafe. We keep an eye on the weather constantly but at times it can become unpredictable.
- Direction of the sail is of the skipper who will take all conditions into account on the day (speed, direction etc).
- We operate with a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 24.
- If minimum numbers are not reached we may contact you up to 2 hours prior to arrange an alternative date with you. If we are unable to accommodate you on another date we will either credit you a voucher for our Fremantle Twilight Sail (2hrs) to be used within 14 days or we can provide you with a refund.
- Kids aged 1-3 may travel free at a rate of 1 per accompanying adult, however you must contact us prior to confirm space and life jacket availability (note: Wahu vests are not sufficient).
Reschedules / Refunds
- All tour purchases are final and non-refundable. Transfers are permitted provided notice is given in writing no later than 24 hours before departure.
- One reschedule is allowed per booking. The request must be made in writing no later than 72 hours in advance of your scheduled departure time.
- Changes made 24-72 hours before departure will incur a $25 per person late change fee.
- Changes made <24 hours: not permitted.
- Refunds will not be issued due to a change of mind.
- For our full T&C's and cancellations policy please visit our website for further information: https://www.charter1.com.au/terms-and-conditions/