A ‘must-do’ when you visit Rottnest!
Experience the magic of Rottnest Island by Luxury Sailing Catamaran. Sail through stunningly beautiful bays then dive right in to a snorkeler’s paradise!
Anchored in one of the island’s top snorkel spots, “Capella” can get right in close to shore. This luxury catamaran is fitted with snorkel equipment and loads of water toys for maximum fun both on and under the water. Discover up to 400 different species of fish, coral, shells and sea grass that lie in the waters of Rottnest Island. Keep an eye out for dolphins, stingrays, sea birds and the curious Australian Sea Lion. With a population of just 15,000 and found only on the WA coastline, these little guys are an absolute joy to watch as they flip and somersault through the water.
Our huge cargo net is awaiting any takers! Or simply kick back and relax on the comfortable trampolines up front, or large rear seated deck. Rottnest Island has so much more to offer than just quokka selfies! Let us show you a perspective you won’t get staying on land.
Tour runs for approx. 2.5 – 3 hours (allow 3hrs). Suitable for ages 4+. Snorkelers must be aged 8 and over and of at least moderate swimming ability, unaided. All marine life are wild animals – sightings will vary from tour to tour and are never guaranteed.
DepartureThomsons Bay Fuel Jetty, Rottnest Island
ScheduleOperates Mon-Thur during Nov - April (excl. Dec). View the live calendar below for scheduled departures.
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable clothing - No heels on deck
IncludedDrinking water onboardHuge cargo net (if conditions allow)No Booking FeesQuality snorkel gear (masks/fins)Shared seasonal fruit platterUse of Kayaks/SUPs
Not IncludedAfternoon TeaBoom NetBYO additional drinksCicerello's 10% DiscountCoffee/TeaDrinking WaterGlass of sparklingMorning TeaRefreshments available for purchaseRIA Admission FeesShared antipastoShared Fruit PlatterStand Up Paddle BoardSun LotionUse of 2 KayaksYummy Buffet Lunch
History Of RottnestThe island with a thousand stories...The geographical history of Rottnest Island has been dominated by changes in sea level. These changes occurred either as sea water became trapped and released when ice sheets advanced and retreated, or as the land slowly rose and fell in response to changing stresses in the earth's crust.It is believed that Rottnest Island was separated from the mainland 7,000 years ago. The sea level rose, cutting the Island off from the land mass, and it is now the largest in a chain of islands (which includes Garden and Carnac Islands) on the continental shelf opposite Perth. These islands all are formed of limestone rocks with a thin covering of sand. The limestone base of Rottnest Island has an effect on all life on the Island, including the types of plants which can grow on it, the species of animals which can feed upon the plants, and the extent to which humans can make use of the Island.
- Full snorkelling equipment (fins/masks)
- Cargo net
- Use of onboard water toys: 2 kayaks, SUP
- Seasonal fruit platter
- BYO additional drinks (no spirits)
Important InformationOur general T&C's and cancellations policy is found at the bottom of our website.By booking this experience you also agree to the following terms and conditions for this particular tour: Group Sizes
- This is a public tour - there will be other guests on the boat with you. We operate with a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 24.
- If minimum numbers are not reached we will contact you with at least 6 hours notice to arrange an alternative date with you.
- If we are unable to accommodate you on another date we will provide you with a refund.
- Maximum group size per booking is 8. For larger groups with 9 persons or more, please contact us at email@example.com to discuss private charter options.
- BYO is permitted providing it is consumed in moderation. We also request that guests refrain from drinking until in-water activities are completed.
- This tour requires a moderate degree of mobility for safe boarding and moving around the vessel whilst underway. It also requires the use of stairs.
- If you have any health concerns please contact us prior to booking.
- Snorkelers must be aged 8+ and be of at least a moderate swimming ability. Snorkeling is only semi-guided - guests do need to be able to swim and explore the reef independently.
- If you are prone to seasickness, please consider if this tour is right for you. Catamarans are generally very stable however this is an ocean-going experience. We advise you to consult a pharmacist if you have any concerns.
- Pregnant guests in their third trimester should contact us prior to booking.
- Guests who arrive intoxicated or unfit to sail will not be allowed to board. No refunds will be given.
- Capella is a non smoking vessel.
- Sailing is an outdoor activity - exposure to the elements should be expected and perfect conditions are never guaranteed.
- We reserve the right to cancel right up until the departure time if conditions become unsafe. We keep an eye on the weather at all times but at times it can become unpredictable.
- Direction of the sail is at the discretion of the skipper who will take all conditions into account on the day (wind speed, direction etc).
- Children are welcome as part of a family group but must be under direct adult supervision at all times.
- Kids aged 1-3 are free with an accompanying adult subject to availability and adequate life jacket provisions onboard (which will be subject to other children booked on that particular date) - you must contact us prior to confirm.
- Children under 10 may be asked to wear a life jacket at all times
- Snorkelers must be aged 8 and over to participate in guided snorkeling.
- Tour purchases are non-refundable.
- One reschedule is allowed per booking however it must be made at least 72 hours in advance of your scheduled departure time. Further changes are not permitted.
- Name transfers are allowed if notice is made in writing at least 24 hours before departure.
- Refunds are given at the discretion of management and will not be issued due to a change of mind.
- For our full T&C's and cancellations policy please visit our website for further information: https://www.charter1.com.au/terms-and-conditions/