A ‘must-do’ when you visit Rottnest!
Experience the magic of Rottnest Island by Luxury Sailing Catamaran. Sail through stunningly beautiful bays then dive right in to a snorkeler’s paradise!
Anchored in at the island’s top snorkel spots, our catamaran “Capella” can get right in close to shore. This luxury catamaran is fitted with snorkel equipment and loads of water toys for maximum fun both on and under the water. Discover up to 400 different species of fish, coral, shells and sea grass that lie beneath. Keep an eye out for dolphins, stingrays, sea birds and the curious Australian Sea Lion. With a population of just 15,000 and found only on the WA coastline, these little guys are an absolute joy to watch as they flip and somersault through the water.
Our huge cargo net is awaiting any takers! Or simply kick back and relax on the comfortable trampolines up front, or large rear seated deck. Rottnest Island has so much more to offer than just quokka selfies! Let us show you a perspective you won’t get staying on land.
Tour runs for approx. 2.5 hours (allow up to 3hrs). Suitable for ages 4+ however snorkelers must be aged 8 and over. Sightings of marine life varies from tour to tour.
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable clothing - No heels on deck
IncludedDrinking water onboardHuge Cargo NetQuality snorkel gear (masks/fins)Use of Kayaks/SUPs
Not IncludedAfternoon TeaBoom NetBYO additional drinksCicerello's 10% DiscountCoffee/TeaDrinking WaterGlass of sparklingMorning TeaRefreshments available for purchaseRIA Admission FeesShared antipastoShared Fruit PlatterStand Up Paddle BoardSun LotionUse of 2 KayaksYummy Buffet Lunch
History Of RottnestThe island with a thousand stories...The geographical history of Rottnest Island has been dominated by changes in sea level. These changes occurred either as sea water became trapped and released when ice sheets advanced and retreated, or as the land slowly rose and fell in response to changing stresses in the earth's crust.It is believed that Rottnest Island was separated from the mainland 7,000 years ago. The sea level rose, cutting the Island off from the land mass, and it is now the largest in a chain of islands (which includes Garden and Carnac Islands) on the continental shelf opposite Perth. These islands all are formed of limestone rocks with a thin covering of sand. The limestone base of Rottnest Island has an effect on all life on the Island, including the types of plants which can grow on it, the species of animals which can feed upon the plants, and the extent to which humans can make use of the Island.
- Full snorkelling equipment (fins/masks)
- Cargo net
- Use of onboard water toys: 2 kayaks, SUP
- Seasonal fruit platter
- BYO additional drinks (no spirits)
The best Charter Perth has to offer! We booked the Capella for a private 8 hour trip from Fremantle to Rottnest for our work Christmas party and just.. wow! It was a fantastic day that every single person enjoyed and we couldn’t ask for anything better! Ronni and Bec were so professional, friendly and helpful, and even endured all the terrible jokes, and awful singing. The boat itself was perfect, there is plenty of space and it’s extremely comfortable. They have a paddle board; kayak and snorkelling gear on board so there is something for everyone to do.
We highly recommend Charter 1 – They go the extra mile to ensure that you have an amazing day!swild201712/18/2017
GREAT DAY! We had THE BEST time on this boat on an afternoon sail between Fremantle and Rottnest. The captain and crew were amazing! There was plenty of room, the boat and bathrooms were all in good shape. We paddle boarded at Rottnest and they had plenty of snorkeling gear on deck. Luck swam my camera to me while on the island and found quokka for us to take pictures with! This was a highlight of the trip for us!Claire B3/02/2018
A great way to visit Rotto My family of 4 (two young girls 6 and 4) have just had the most amazing time aboard Capella with Charter1. Nothing was too much trouble for the crew, even taking my girls snorkeling for the first time! They were scared at first but soon were begging to get back in the water. The guys knew the best places to visit on Rottnest island based on the weather - we even had a private beach all to ourselves, and used their SUPs on a secret surf break only accessible by boat. What a slice of paradise, and an unforgettable trip. Thanks Jules and Erin for making our time on board so memorable. You catered for our fussy eaters perfectly. We are doing a big trip around Australia, but this last few days has been the highlight by far. We can’t wait to come back!Brett M4/20/2018
- This is a public tour - there will be other guests on the boat with you. The maximum group size is 8. For groups of 9 or more please contact us at email@example.com so we can discuss options. A private charter may be more suitable.
- We operate with a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 24.
- If minimum numbers are not reached we will contact you with at least 6 hours notice to arrange an alternative date with you.
- If we are unable to accommodate you on another date we will provide you with a refund.
- We reserve the right to cancel and reschedule if conditions require it
- Your safety is our priority. We will continually monitor wind and weather conditions right up until the departure time.
- Direction taken is at the skippers discretion who will take all conditions into account on the day (speed, direction etc).
- Children are welcome as part of a family group but need to be under direct adult supervision at all times.
- Kids aged 1-3 are welcome with an accompanying adult however please contact us us prior to confirm spaces as we only carry limited numbers of toddler life jackets (Wahu vests are not sufficient)
- Children under 10 may be asked to wear a life jacket at all times
- Snorkelers must be aged 8 and over.
- A lot of planning goes in to ensuring that guests get to experience their preferred tour and date.
- One reschedule is allowed up to 72 hours prior to departure. Further changes (not caused by us) are not permitted.
- Guest transfers are allowed if notice is given up to 24 hours before departure.
- Refunds are given at the discretion of management and will not be issued due to a change of mind.
- An administration fee of $25 per person will apply to changes outside of these terms, as approved by management.