Our Vessel – Perth Catamaran Hire
Capella – The Yellow Catamaran
Capella is the Perfect Vessel for
- Days spent relaxing on the nets up front or the lounges in the catamaran cockpit
- Overnight or longer live-aboards
- Twilight sails
- Classy special occasions
- Wildlife interactions
Capella is a modern 12.5 metre sailing catamaran with several design innovations which set her apart from the rest. A Schionning Cosmos 1250, designed by Andy Jensen, no less, she is purpose built and customised for entertainment with 360 degree views and a very comfortable indoor saloon that seats 20.
With a sophisticated engineering system, Capella’s mast can be lowered giving her the ability to sail under the bridges and make full use of navigable waters up the Swan River and out into the Indian Ocean (subject to seasonality). Lifting the daggerboards and rudders she can go right up to the beach and over shallow reef. A lowering rear swim platform allows easy access to the water for disabled or less mobile guests.
She was designed and constructed with the safety and comfort of guests as a primary consideration. The level of stability that a catamaran like Capella offers must be experienced to be believed. Just imagine being able to sip your choice of wine from a real wine glass whilst under full sail and knowing that when you place it down it will not go anywhere!The Schionning designed hull with its unequalled stability offers a smooth, gliding ride. The superstructure and deck layout was tailor designed to suit charter work and entertainment requirements. The vessel is built to very high standards and complies to the USL codes 1D for 38 day passengers and 2 crew and 1B for 10 overnight passengers and 3 crew for ocean passages.
An interesting but little known fact is that she’s actually a born and bred Fremantle local. Yep! She was built right here in Fremantle by two men over a period of 2 years between 2000 and 2002. Head on over to our History page to see pictures of her construction and learn about her history and where the name ‘Capella’ originates from.
FEATURES OF CAPELLA:
- Five cabins with separate spacious beds (2 x queen state rooms and 3 x double rooms).
- Complete galley and BBQ on rear deck
- Full sound system
- Luxurious couched saloon and rear deck
- Forward boarding ladder and rear swim platform
- Four showers, two on rear deck
- Two toilets
- Hi speed tender for transporting you to/from shore and nearby snorkel locations
- State of the art electronics
- A variety of snorkeling gear to suit all sizes (masks and fins)
- Stand up Paddle Board
- 2 x Adult Kayaks
- Double Hammock