Public tours are tickets to experiences which are self-booked line. By choosing to book either directly or via any third party agent, you are agreeing to the below terms. These are made available throughout the booking process and on the bottom of your booking confirmation. Please choose carefully as refunds will not be given if you change your mind.
Refunds (Guest Cancellations)
Please choose carefully as all bookings are non refundable. Date changes are permitted in accordance with the terms of your ticket. Minimum notice applies.
This information is made available prior to and during the bookings process. It is the consumers responsibility to check these policies before proceeding and a condition of booking that you have read and accept these terms. To ensure we remain fair and consistent to all of our customers, these policies are firmly applied.
Rescheduling Your Booking
One date change per booking is permitted, provided minimum notice is given (see below). Repeat changes incur a minimum fee of $25 per person.
Bookings of 0-4 people:
- > 72 hours prior to departure: Permitted. First change is free, subsequent changes are $25/person. Must be re-booked within the same season and cannot be left open.
- 24-72 hours prior to departure: At operator discretion. Fees will apply: $25/person (half day tour or sunset sail) or $50/person (full day sail)
- Within 24 hours of departure: Guest name change only. Date changes are not possible, for any reason. Failure to attend = 100% loss.
Bookings of 4 or more: a minimum of 7 days notice is required for any changes (same season only).
Changes requested verbally or via SMS, social media etc. will not be accepted. Requests must be in writing to our bookings team: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote your booking reference and requested new date of travel. All booking changes must be completed and tickets re-issued by the cut-off times above (intention to reschedule is not sufficient as you may change your mind and we don’t know). Tickets are unable to be issued whilst fees remain outstanding.
If your tour is unable to proceed (e.g. due to weather, minimums not reached)
In deciding to book you have understood and agreed the service is dependent on achieving minimum number of bookings, and safe weather conditions, both of which are outside of the operators control. If either are likely to become an issue, we will be in touch with as much notice as possible.
Please note that the decision to not proceed can often be in a few hours prior to departure. Weather forecasts can be unreliable until the afternoon wind arrives (after which we can track it’s behavior). If we think there is a risk to the tour proceeding we will be in touch with as much notice as possible. The final decision is at the discretion of the skipper who has your safety is his/her #1 priority. We cannot take responsibility for this impacting other plans e.g. ferry or hotel bookings as we need to operate safely. We recommend taking out travel insurance if you have any concerns.
If this occurs:
- Direct bookings: you will be given the choice to reschedule or obtain a refund for the amount paid. If the booking was paid for using a gift vouchers, the amount used will be re-credited back and the original terms remain as if unused. Refunds must be confirmed within 7 days or they will be automatically converted to a credit valid for 12 months only. It is your responsibly to rebook within this timeframe. We take no responsibility for there being no availability remaining if it is left too late. We recommend re-booking at least 4 weeks in advance, even longer during holiday periods.
- Bookings made via a Third Party Website or Agent (e.g. Red Balloon, Viator, Expedia etc): please refer to the terms of purchase from the website or agent your ticket was purchased on. These will be made available prior to purchase and apply in addition to individual operator terms.
A lot of planning goes in behind the scenes to ensuring you get your preferred day of choice. T&C’s are always provided via email upfront and available for viewing again when invoices are issued. If for unforeseen reasons you are required to cancel your charter (please notify us in writing) the following cancellation fee will apply:
- More than 1 months notice: Refund less 25% of charter fee
- More than 2 weeks notice: Refund less 50% of charter fee
- Less than 2 weeks notice: 100% loss of charter fee
- Reschedules: At the discretion of management. Generally not possible in peak season. Our policy is firm because once our vessel is booked by you we close off all booking requests and/or tours for the same day.
COVID-19 Impacted Charters:
If we are deemed legally unable to operate your charter will be rescheduled or held in credit for a comparable date/time to your original booking, within a 12 month period from when operations resume. Charters that are legally able to operate may have capacity restrictions applied.
All booking now remain subject to Charter 1’s standard cancellation terms above. By proceeding to book you are accepting all risks associated with guests ability to make this date and agree to proceed under these terms. At all times, Charter 1 is required to follow any mandatory orders imposed by government regarding COVID-19. Further information can be found here: https://www.charter1.com.au/covid-19-notice/
At the sole discretion of Charter 1, anything offered outside of the above terms will incur fees, including but not limited to costs associated with: booking and credit card fees borne by Charter 1, administrative time, opportunity costs or lost income (to the provider) as a result of the action of the customer. This may be up to 100% of the amount paid.